- THE INSTITUTE OF JAMAICA
NATIONAL EXHIBITION FOR ART AND CRAFT IN SCHOOLS 2011
Exhibition Theme: “Interpretations of Jamaican Folklore”
- The National Exhibition for Art and Craft in All Age / High / Technical High and Junior High Schools for 2011 will be held in the Exhibition Gallery of the Institute of Jamaica.
- All schools in Jamaica are eligible to submit entries for the exhibition from students age 12-18 years.
- The Exhibition must be the work of the bona-fide registered members of a school.
- Entries for the Art section of the Exhibition ( not more than 20 from each school) may be submitted in any medium of the following classes:
- Entries for the craft section of the Exhibition (not more than 20 from each school) may be submitted in any of the following:
GRAPHICS (posters, lettering, book illustrations, line block, not fabric).
SCULPTURE (in clay, wood, stone, cement, wax, wire, plasticine, papier-mâché, plaster paris, metal).
Woodwork, metalwork, leatherwork, fabric of all types including line block, screen printing, batik, tie and dye, macramé, weaving, ceramics, industrial arts, (tools, machinery, etc.)
6.Entries for the Exhibition must be addressed to:-
Institute of Jamaica
10-16 East Street Kingston
And posted to or delivered at the Museum Building, Tower Street by November 30th 2011.
7.All entries must be accompanied by a declaration in writing from the Principal of the school that the works submitted are the original and unaided work of the pupils. THE NAME AND AGE OF EACH ENTRANT AND THE NAME OF THE SCHOOL MUST BE CLEARLY WRITTEN ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT AND CORNER FRONT OF EACH DRAWING OR PAINTING. EACH ENTRY MUST BE MOUNTED SEPARATELY.
8.A Selections committee appointed by the Council of the Institute of Jamaica will judge the entries and award the trophies to the schools, which in their opinion have submitted the best entries. The trophies are as follows:-
The Institute of Jamaica Trophy
The Robert G. B. Verity Trophy
The Institute of Jamaica Shield- for Outstanding Craftsmanship
The Hugh A Dawes Trophy- for Best Overall All- Age School in the Exhibition
9.The selection committee has the authority to choose the entries to be displayed in the Exhibition.
10.The criteria for awarding points are as follows:-
Craftsmanship – 30 marks
Originality – 20 marks
Composition &Design – 30 marks
Presentation & Finish – 20 marks